Thursday, August 16, 2012

Improvised Table

I was given a plywood Lid, left over from a wooden box, and was asked to make a table with it.

 I had four left-over 4" cubes of wood (which I had chopped from a 8' post of wood for a different project) I drilled the cubes to the corners of the table - but as would imagine 4" off the ground is not 
enough, so I had to make legs.


(Above you see the cube drilled to the Lid, and the Leg drilled to the Cube)


I had some left-over scraps of plywood form a previous project, and had to cut it efficiently in order to make 4 legs for the table. I quickly sketched out a layout that would give me legs.



Then I drilled the legs to the 4" cubes I had just put on the Lid.













Thats it! It was sort of freestyle furniture making, I didnt sketch at all (except for when I made the legs) so the outcome was more or less unpredictable, but good. I'll update this post later, because I plan on making a better developed version.

Thanks for listening. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment